5 Tips to Get the Most out of HR Tech Conference Attendance
With all the big HR Tech shows around the corner, Dovetail will be exhibiting at a few of the biggest: Workday Rising in Las Vegas, HR Technology Conference & Expo in Las Vegas, and HR Tech World Conference in Paris, France, It’s a good idea, as an attendee, to start planning to maximize your time spent at these events.
As a Former HR Tech Buyer
So, as a former buyer of HR Technology myself, here are 5 tips/ suggestions/ ideas from me to help you get the most from your T&E investment:
Tips for the Attendee (and the vendors!)
1. BE ORGANIZED. Ahead of time, read through the conference agenda and plan which sessions you want to attend. Most companies will send more than one person, so work as a team with your colleagues to make sure you cover the topics that are of interest to you and your organization. Here are the links to the agendas where Dovetail will be exhibiting
- Workday Rising Vegas Agenda
- HR Technology Conference Vegas Agenda
- HR Tech World Conference – Paris Agenda
2. CHECK OUT THE SPEAKERS. The best-run conferences have customers share their experience with the audience. In my experience, most speakers are delighted to share their insights during and after the conference. Here is a list of speakers for the coming events where Dovetail will be exhibiting
- Workday Rising – Meet the speakers, Workday are running special sessions daily to meet the speakers, check the Workday Rising site for more information
- HR Technology Conference Speaker list and our very own Dwane Lay will speak with Dietrich Warner from Boston University
- HR Tech World Conference Speaker list with Dovetail customer Kevin Mendonsa from Morgan Stanley Capital Investments will speak about HR Transformation
3. CHECK OUT THE SPONSORS. Take time to look through the list of attending sponsors so you can identify which vendors you should meet with, and contact them to arrange a meeting at the shows. Many vendors even have a website page setup just for this meet and greet arrangement – here is ours: <link> and here is a list of all the sponsors at each event:
4. MEET EXISTING CONNECTIONS. Reach out to your networks to see who else you know is going. Some of the conferences also have dedicated LinkedIn groups:
- Workday Rising: Check the Workday Rising site and the Workday Community site for more details
- HR Technology Conference LinkedIn Group
- HR Tech World Conference LinkedIn Group
5. MAKE NEW CONNECTIONS. Network and have fun. Take advantage of the several evening network/ party events going on, network with new people, exchange contact details, and stay connected
- Workday Rising
- Tuesday 29th at 7pm Collaborative Solutions
- Wednesday, September 30th at 7pm Workday Customer Appreciation Party
- HR Technology Conference Vegas:
- HR Tech World Conference Paris
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015 17:15 Drinks and Networking
- More to be announced soon!
BONUS Traveler Tips!
- Bring lip balm.
- Buy a small battery pack or cordless mobile device charger for on-the-go recharging.
- Keep well-hydrated
- Bring your headache pill of choice (and maybe an allergy pill or two, if you are prone!)
- Wear comfy shoes – this is essential!
- Pack an extra extension cord — not all hotel rooms are set up perfectly for device charging.
- See a bathroom, use a bathroom!
- Tuck away some anti-bacterial wipes. You never know.
- Don’t over-do your nights. It’s easy to be seduced by the bright lights of a busy conference town!
- Get the rest you need!